Old 12-14-2019, 07:46 AM
Iceblossom

I'm not up on the differences between bubble jets and such any more. I have a black and white laser printer and so that's what I have.

20 years ago when we had less choices, I was doing a lot of things with fabric including printing on it. All you need to do is get white fabric (you can use prints even if that's what you want), iron it on to freezer paper and cut to a dimension your printer can handle. The fabric should not have a finish or shine, it should look the same from both sides.

Prewash the fabric to remove products used during manufacturing. I find this is all I've needed. You can also look at dying prewashes/pretreating there are all sorts of things from caustic soda to soy milk (I'm more in the natural dye side of thing philosophically but love the bright colors of artificial dyes).

From what I looked at, the solution you have found is what should work for your printer and is rather easy to do -- so I'd do it!

And then use whatever products they recommend. As I recall, I think Bubble Jet prints need to dry for a bit first.

I have a friend who has taught classes for photo quilts, she has one brand of the premade sheets she specifically likes for her printer, so far as I know though she's never done any real comparisons or tests, just that she doesn't want to do any pretreatments.