View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 06:50 AM
tropit

Default Eggplant as a Sauce Base

I had a lot of eggplants that needed to be processed in some way, so I went hunting for recipes online. I found this interesting recipe for, "vegan queso dip," that uses eggplants as its base: https://minimalistbaker.com/cashew-less-vegan-queso/ Eggplants??? I like this site, so I trusted her idea. I made it yesterday and the results were...meh. I'm not a huge fan of real queso dip to begin with and never really liked the cashew version either. This one was ok in flavor, but what impress me was the the fact that the texture was really nice! I started thinking that eggplants could be used for all kinds of other sauces. It's virtually fatfree (except for the small amount of oil put on when broiling,) high in fiber and easy to grow, (so they cost almost nothing.) I'm going to experiment with this one and see if I can come up with some other sauces.

One thing that I think could be changed in the recipe is the slicing and broiling, then peeling of the eggplant. I thought this step was fussy. I'd just half, or quarter the eggplant and bake, then just scoop out the flesh...much easier.

~ C

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-16-2019 at 07:13 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps