View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 07:49 AM
klswift

If you are thinking portable or storable, think about the heavier ones that the legs fold under and not the tables than fold in the middle. You can get pretty sturdy ones fairly cheap at places like Costco and Sam's Club. If room is the problem, when my kids were small and space was tight, I used my bed - BUT - I had 2 pieces of inexpensive wall paneling cut down to 5' (Home Depot will cut them). I stored them flat under the bed and lifted them out when needed. At first I had one of those cardboard cutting boards I would put on top of them. Years later I had my big rotary cutting mat to use. My bed was a bit higher so it was at a good height and I could easily walk around it. Also, a super advantage was that it was my room, so I could walk out, shut the door and not worry about it. Currently I have a heavy piece of plywood that I have painted and sealed laying across the top of 2 shorter filing cabinets. It is perfect height, a chair slides right thru center area, I keep lots of supplies handy in the cabinets and it is easy to take apart when I move!