Old 12-17-2019, 08:35 AM
Orson

All right, I know this is an old thread, but a friend just kind of handed me a Deco 330 and a Bernette 340, along with a handful of mixed embroidery cards. She runs an animal shelter, and we are considering using the machines to personalize bedding and to make things which we can sell to raise funds for the shelter. Both machines appear to be in good working order, but I've only tested one. The other powers up and will read cards.

I've got a couple of questions about the machines. My friend that they both take the smaller cards, but I've had to practically dig those out of the card slots (very carefully) after inserting them. The larger cards DO fit, however, and one of the machines does have a USB slot. My friend does have a Magic Box, and somewhere she's got a re-writable card, but she needs that for her Artista.

I'm wondering a couple things:
a) Is the card a standard computer hardware data storage format, or is it specific to Bernina products?
b) Does the software write the card in such a way that it's specific to the Bernina products, much like a Viking does, OR is it just a general storage device and the machine can access the data as long as the designs are in the proper format? IOW, will I need Bernina software to write cards for it?
c) Is the USB slot intended to be for a thumb drive filled with designs? That machine didn't have a manual.
d) Am I crazy for thinking about using these machines?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-18-2019 at 04:52 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps