View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 05:26 PM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by roguequilter
i love making home made bread. have done many things with the various types dough over the years. sons favorite was the "burrito" bread. but he and his friends loved LOVED the perogis too . i first had them from russian shop in san francisco in the late sixties. found recipes later and developed more recipe versions of my own.
i love making them.
no more work than a nice quilt

Yummm...please describe, "burrito bread."

~ D

one of my inventions
my son as a teen loved having tacos for dinner ..which i did meat from scratch ..no pkg seasoning mix. i also made refried beans from my leftover pots of beans ..which he loved too. anyway ... one day of bread backing i decided to make something with leftovers. so
pat out the prepared bread dough. large rectangle, about 1/2” thick. take beans & spread over dough. then meat. grated sharp chedder cheese. pinch one end of rectangle to start a roll. roll whole mess up. pinch the ends & edges like doing pierogis or any stuffed bread thingy. let rise. you can paint w egg wash if desired, makes nicer crust. bake about 400 or so degrees. you can change filling as desired. i invent ..i don't write much down ..sorry
...one time my neighbor came to back door as i had cut into a fresh baked loaf of burrito bread for son & i. she had to have a taste. she ended up taking the whole thing home to her husband!