View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 04:28 AM
Conchalea

Last weekend I traveled about 200 miles north to visit friends & to look at houses in the area. I currently live in a city of almost 120,000 & the traffic is awful. The area where I'm looking has 18,000 in the *entire county!* While there, I helped my friend's group sew walker bags for the local nursing home & of course many pieces too small for new bags were generated. They were sent home with me as none of the women sewing that day are quilters. Much of the fabric was pre-cut into squares & strips. The fabric was donated or bought from their local thrift store, so it may well be from quilters who passed away or just got tired of it. I've sorted it & continued cutting squares from all the pink & red to make big 4-patches to go into a quilt. I think I'll take the finished quilt back & let the group donate it once I'm done. The colors arent what I'd choose, plus I'd like to have the finished product return to the area where most of the contents originated. I had to add some of my own red fabric to use up all the squares from what was given to me.