Old 12-19-2019, 08:12 AM
klswift

It can not be said enough - no matter who requests a quilt - ! I do this for any custom project and the deposit (non-refundable) is always enough to cover the materials. I am currently looking at half a special order (an educational portfolio with felt boards and 'stuff') waiting to get picked up. They wanted first 10 and second 10 a month later. Well, it's been 3 months and they haven't contacted me! But, my initial deposit covered all the materials, the payment for the first 10 covered my labor and a bit of profit, so whether they get these or not, at least I am not out any money. After the holidays, I will send them a letter giving them a deadline. If not answered, I can break down the components and sell them elsewhere. You learn how to do this the hard way. With quilt, usually when you give them the contract with the breakdown of costs, they change their minds. I sell quite a few quilts at our downtown shop, but they are lap and throw size and are fairly simple designs. Special and big quilts I make as gifts because folks just don't want to pay what a big detailed quilt costs.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-19-2019 at 09:57 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps