Thread: rotary cutter
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 07:27 PM
sealh_pat

josieh, were you able to fix this? Just asking, as I've had a similar problem recently (once again!) and came across this topic.

Originally Posted by Patchworkbarb View Post
When putting your rotary cutter back together remember that. It should look like a cowboy hat with the brim turned up. That’s how I always remember which way is which.
This, and also once I've also put the nut back on with the wrong side. Both sides are threaded, but only one side of the nut makes it fit properly.

Originally Posted by RuthiesRetreat3 View Post
Just once, really, I actually placed two blades in the cutter without realizing it. The two blades were stuck together with the oil that they are packaged with. When I found this out, I couldn't even slide the two apart, they were stuck so tight. I had to use a needle at the hole to force the two blades apart enough to get a tiny air bubble in between them.
Had this two-blades situation too, be super careful when checking to stay safe as it's so easy to cut your finger (been there, got some stitches). The oil on the blades usually makes it hard to separate them, so I used a pin to separate them.