View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 11:57 AM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

What a great thread!

2020 will bring some "got to's" --
1. Two quilts that have been layered and basted for 3 years, for daughter and niece (they've marinated long enough!)
2. Fold and re-organize the fabric storage that is currently jammed and stuffed into the armoire.
3. Sort the notions drawers - again- by theme and label the drawers this time
4. Make better use of the Elfa wire drawers next to my at-home sewing table.

And after that, thanks to a precious friend who encouraged me to move my 36" x 60" sewing table and a machine to her marvelous studio, I will plan projects to work on at her house for the year. We meet at least twice a week for 6-8 hours each time and I'm absolutely loving the accomplishment that having a sew-buddy is bringing! Our collaborations on each other's work and projects has been so much fun and a great learning experience. Two heads are sew much better than one!
I look forwad to doing lots of embroidery on linen and wool in 2020 and working on Boro mending in a quilt/kimono/or jacket. We plan to do a star quilt together -- same pattern -- but each using our own fabrics and designing our own borders and settings. The other quilted things I plan to make are not quilts, but things like bags, sewing caddies, needle books/pincushions, jewelry (yes, fabrics & quilted), accessories, some clothing, and, for next Christmas, ornaments as gifts.
I'm jazzed for sewing in the new year --- for the first time in many years!

Jan in VA