View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 12:14 PM
petthefabric

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
What sort of patterns do you use, petthefabric?
Because "Comfort Quilts" is an organized group and they produce the patterns, when making kits, I use their patterns. This is the current one. "Cut 1- 6 1/2" and 2- 2 1/4" strips WOF of 5 different fabrics. Sew together 1- 6 1/2" and 2- 2 1/4" strips of different fabrics. Repeat with remainder of strips. Cut in 10- 10" squares. Lay out squares all the same direction. Turn every other square 90 degrees clockwise. Sew together. This takes 5 fabrics 3/8 yard each. Finished 47 x 38 1/2". It can be made larger with more fabrics. It can be made from 3 fabrics or scrappy. It very easy. I usually start with the back of 2 yrs (includes one of the front fabrics and binding).

The leader is making a new pattern; scrappy log cabin. This will use up a lot of scraps made from the current pattern.

The ones I piece/quilt/bind myself are totally different. First I find fabrics I want to put together, then figure out a pattern that will use what I have. For one, I had a lot of striped fabrics, enough for 2 lap size quilts. Made squares of 4 45 degree isosolie triangles and stripes groing around the squares. Had a bunch of greens: made 1/4 square triangles and put solid squares between the pieced squares. They were 3 small lap size quilts.

Some large prints were cut WOF into 3 pieces and other coordinating fabrics were also cut WOF and made into strip quilts. These made lap size. . I'll post pics when I can figure camera-to-computer.