Old 01-02-2020, 08:29 AM
costumegirl

Default Gadgets & Tools Recommended to use in 2020

Quilting gadgets and tools have changed so much over the years. What might you recommend for the new decade of 2020 that would be useful to have? Some of us have received gift certificates or $ during the holidays and now since there are a few sales going on it might be the time to treat yourself and get something that will make your quilting life easier. Whether it's something that's been around for awhile or a new invention what do you have your eye on that you think would be helpful in creating our projects in 2020?

I received for Christmas a small ergonomic rotary cutter that fits nicely in my hand, is shaped to feel more comfortable and easier to hold. It's the 28mm Quick Change Olfa cutter that is curvy. The handle on my old one has a straight handle. The old one was fine to use but this one is so much easier for small pieces of fabric or paper piecing. My hands get stiff feeling using the straight handled one but this one is a breeze to use.

I will probably try to investigate the more ergonomic tools available and the things that I have my eye on have been around for awhile and have been recommended by others here before. I've been watching the sales and would like to get one of the woolen mats that have become so popular in a medium size and some of the mylar applique tools to do stems and leaves.

I do not have any affiliation with any brands or companies.
- I would like to know what many of you are thinking of getting for the new decade or what you might recommend that should be added to our supplies.