View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 09:13 AM
lsimp123

Default Singer 301A

Originally Posted by Meari68 View Post
My fiance had a coworker text and ask if I was interested in a couple of sewing machines he had. One was a Singer 301A in a case with the buttonhole attachment as well as the machine accessories. He said it worked when it was last used but needed TLC. Best part.... it's ! I don't know much about the 301A except it's a straight stitch machine and has a fold up extension like the Featherweight. Anyone want to share their experiences with using the 301A? I read that the black ones are more desirable than the two-toned ones. Why is this? Can't wait to play with my new toy!
Very nice machine, keep it i bought a Singer 500A It's called Rocketeer very good machine. I gave $25.00 for it at a thrift store down the road from my house. It does sew and I bought cams for it. I use it for display in my sewing room. Plus i can sew on it. These old machines are great even if you have to have them worked on to get them running again. You got a nice machine. O yah, you go on line you can probley find a manual for it. I found one for mine.