View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 02:03 PM
Dolphyngyrl

Originally Posted by kkranig View Post
I am very new to quilting. I am just getting ready to start my very first quilt. I was going to do the entire quilt by hand, but now I am thinking about using a sewing machine. I have a Brother LX2375, but never really used it much because I could never get it to work right. That however could be due to operator error. I have read that I cannot use this machine for quilting due to the needle height not being adjustable. Does anyone know about these machines? Also, if I would decide to buy a new machine, what would a good one be for someone just starting out sewing and quilting?
You should be able to piece with your machine. Depending on size of quilt the harp on your machine is small so a baby or throw might be doable but a large would be tasking. I suggest taking a basic sewing machine class at an lqs to get familiar with your machine. I have used all levels of brothers and never really get tension issues but if you mess up the bobbin case bad you can have major issues but brothers are easy to use. I would email brother for a manual to download