Old 01-03-2020, 01:08 PM
platyhiker

Default Long Arm Quilting Class - Looking for tips

I am signed up to take a Long Arm Quilting class (tomorrow, Saturday) at a nearby business that offers rental use of several long arm quilting machines. I would love to hear any tips anyone might have to help me get the most out of the class. (The class is required before renting time on the machines.) Thanks!

Here is the description of the class.

Longarm Quilting 101:

• Quilt preparation.
  • Loading and preparing the quilt for stitching.
  • Various types of quilting including edge to edge, ruler work, and free motion custom quilting.
  • Available threads and patterns
  • Resources and techniques to improve your quilting design plans.

Class Details

No prior longarm quilting experience is needed for this 3 hour class. Louise overviews the quilting possibilities and shares the basic skills you will need to complete your quilts.With a maximum class size of 9 quilters, you will learn how to load a quilt, choose patterns, thread, and batting. Each participant receives a booklet covering the class information for your future reference. You can try free motion, ruler work, and pantographs and observe the computer guided longarm quilting machines available to rent.

The class runs from 9 am to noon. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Covered beverages and a snack may be useful. Bring a pencil to take notes in your booklet and bring your questions!