View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 06:07 PM
Karamarie

Default Quilt with a story

Eighteen years my daughter and I took a $5 quilting class. If some of you are unfamiliar with a $5 quilt -- it is when a quilting store provides you with a pattern and fabric to make a block for $5. Each month; thereafter, if you finish that block and bring it back finished the next month, you will then receive the block for the next month free, and so on for 12 months. If you miss the monthly class and don't bring back your finished block, you have to pay another $5 for that month's pattern and fabric and so on and so on.
Anyway I finished all my 12 blocks within the twelve months, so it only cost me $5 for 12 blocks. My daughter kept up until the last month didn't attend as she was pregnant and not feeling well. I couldn't pick up her block for her (rules). She didn't make that square and her 11 blocks have been in my fabric stash all these years. She just never got it made (4 kids later). So this year her 15 year old daughter and I finished it for her for Christmas. I had to come up with fabric to finish her last block, Granddaughter put the sashing and borders on and I quilted and bound it. So here it is. She was quite pleased with the gift.
Well guess there won't be any picture as I can't pull up the picture on my IPad like I used to. Sorry. If you read the story, thank you as it got quite long.
Spoiler

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-04-2020 at 04:47 AM. Reason: trying to remove Spoiler... can't seem to