View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 06:07 PM
coastienest

Originally Posted by Candace
It was a lot of work and thanks for the compliments. It's a paper piecing or foundation piecing pattern by Eileen Sullivan http://www.thedesignersworkshop.com/catalog.php?sec=5

I'm almost done with my 2nd Iris one, since I gave the 1st one away as a gift. As soon as I finish quilting the daffodil one, I'm going to finish up the Iris. I'm in the same boat though. I'm having problems finding a border fabric that calls my name. I have the Birds of Paradise waiting to be started.

If you're interested in trying one of these, so far the Iris one was easier (IMO) than the daffodil. There seem to be less pieces and larger pieces in the Iris pattern so I think it's a smidge less tricky.

I spent today sandwiching it and am about 80% done marking the top to start the quilting. I'm trying to decide what thread to use. I really don't want to be changing top thread a million times, but I don't really care for the look of invisible thread either. So, I need to think on it.
I'm on my way to ordering these. I love to PP and can't wait to get started. I am sure of one thing though, I will be struggling through it all. Thanks for sharing the info