View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 09:51 AM
Iceblossom

I'm doing something very close this year, Tallchick, I bought a big bag of hand dye fabric at the thrift store I'm using for this year's Frolic mystery. I always admire the people who go off course with their fabric selections and this year it was me. Project started at a time when I needed a new project and I had a big bag of available fabric that I felt worked with her colors. Did you decide against going with the batiks you pulled earlier (or do I have you confused)? I was looking forward to seeing those put together.

By the time the pieces are small enough for Bonnie's designs, a lot of them look very very solid. And as I'm struggling with this step of flying geese units made from fabric that has no right side but that I'm trying to keep balanced in colors, I sort of wish I had gone with straight solids or basic prints. The hand dyes (like batik) also like to tease me by showing their dark or light parts or go completely to another family for a block or two... I'm just reassuring myself that the mottled look and the merging of color families is going to be ok in the end. Because you don't have to deal with those issues, I think using scattered solids in the color families would work fine.

I'm slightly behind, still on Clue 6 and not yet on 7, but not far behind. I've been taking pictures as I go along and will when I do the layout.