Old 01-04-2020, 01:27 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

I have the TL2200QVPs longarm, the previous model to this one. The only difference I can see is that the 2200 didn't have a built in stitch regulator. Later, at a show, I saw you could buy an add-on stitch regulator, and I let the dealer talk me into trying it. Ugh... Hated it. It was so noisy. Hopefully the built in stitch regulator in this new model will run a lot quieter.

I got used to quilting without a SR, and really prefer it. I'm in control of motion and speed, and not the machine. I'm the stitch regulator!

I bought mine for $5000, plus they threw in just about everything I asked for as it was a show demo machine and they didn't want to haul it back with them. I got a free table (one side... but was allowed to buy the second side at a great discount). Also got them to throw in a free stool, and some rulers! And the best part was the interest free financing. I pay only $93 a month for 5 years. Two of those years are already gone. I really like my machine.

You should go and try out the model you are interested in. Bring a small quilt sandwich to practice on. If you have been FMQing on a domestic machine, this kind of machine will be a really smooth transition.