View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 06:21 AM
cherrybsixty

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Cherrybsixty,

Just think of quilting on a smaller level. Maybe, lap size quilts and wall hangings or table toppers. Keep the fabric that really really speaks to you. And, if possible, store your stash with a family member, friend or storage unit. Or, if your a scrappy quilter, Keep a 6" strip by WOF from anything that speaks to you. You can always cut down.

Only buy what you need for one project at a time. Think of the store as your storage unit. And, you will never get tired of the old stuff. There will always be something new.

My DH pointed out to me that if we down sized, I could no longer quilt. I sure did give him a dirty look. I told him No, I could quilt, just on a much smaller basis. I would keep my very favorite machine, tools and fabric and sell the rest. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Good Luck.
Thank Judith1005, I will keep your kind suggestions in mind as I am sorting and packing what I can. I just may leave some things here in a storage that my other daughter maintains the families heirloom. I plan to donate a lot of my things to shelters or charitable organizations, but I love your suggestion on the six inch WOF. Have a good year and I hope you are able to clear up as many of your UFO projects. My daughter did say I need to pear down my hobbies to one. Maybe so

cherryb