View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 07:57 PM
Iceblossom

It is unwaxed floss and I use it for repairs (purses, cushions, jackets, shoes...), or most recently I made a child's quilt with button eyes and I used the floss instead of thread. But good question. And sometimes there is that little bit of spinach that you just gotta get out!

Usually someone teases me about the tape first time they see it. I prefer the 1" roll of blue tape, that one is a bit too wide and I don't like the print on it, but I always have blue tape in my kit. I use the 1/4" masking tape to help mark my rulers among other things.

Julia, my beeswax is in my top desk drawer. Don't really know why it's there and not in the kit. Back when I did costuming and garments, I just loved my beeswax but I don't seem use it much nowadays, but I picked it up and smelled it just the other day.

Behind the sewing kit is one of my super sized goodwill bags, I don't know what they are made from but they are great for hauling fabrics and quilt projects, light weight, strong and durable. Don't often come in the super size though but are worth the price when they have them (not the free bags, these have a sewn cord handle). I'm able to put a top for binding in there and slip in a few more things if needed.

For my group/classes sort of times, I also have a nice little notebook thing an internet friend made me many years ago that has a cutting board in it. It's currently in one of my project boxes, but I should post a picture of it, it is notebook sized and folds in half, in the inside is a small cutting mat on one side and a flannel design board on the other. The outside of the notebook is padded and covered with fabric and can be used as an ironing surface or you can stick pins in it too.