View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 06:23 AM
Jtayl0r

Default Need help with cabinet/machine ID

Hello! I've got a drawing room cabinet a singer treadle in it, but can't figure out for sure what model of singer treadle I have nor the make/model of the cabinet. It looks like a Florence cabinet, but the singer machine (no idea the model) doesn't look like an add on. I can't find any singer cabinets with a fold down top like this on google... hopefully someone can help with the ID and let me know if I lucked out and got a rare piece for my wife :-) I have seen some of the singer serial number charts, but the number stamped on this machine is a bit odd to me as there are 2 numbers. I have the manual to it, but it is written in German and half of the cover page is torn off. The first serial number stamped would indicate an 1882 year group, but the patent date stamped in the base plate says 1879. I don't think it is either, but I don't really don't know. The cabinet is full of needles and accessories with a West Germany country of origin so I know it was made before the reunification of Germany :-D I have only ever seen elevator type of singer cabinets and not the folding type of cover this cabinet has so I am really at a loss. Any help would be appreciated!

- JT from Texas
Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg