Thread: "Winthrop" VSM
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 02:04 PM
Bags

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
We can be quite the enablers, thank you very much.

Many manufacturers would sell quantities to machines with a desired name if the buyer bought enough. If you send pics of them we may be able to help you better.

27s are vibrating shuttles and are a bit trickier than round bobbin machines. So make sure it has a shuttle and bobbins.

Round bobbin machines like 66, 99 or 15s are easier to find pieces for.
Leonf, I was hoping someone would get my humor!

I was wondering if this (manufacturers selling with a different name on it) was the case with the "Winthrop". I'm heading back to the antique mall tomorrow, already closed for the day, just to look at it. I'll try and get a picture of it.

I was thinking the same thing about the shuttles vs bobbins. Did I understand you correctly that most parts for the 66 and 15s are easier to find, not just the bobbins?

The 27 is such a lovely little thing, but it would be put on the shelf to look at. But for $30? It also has the Pheasant decal. I'll see if I can get a picture of her too.

I'm pretty sure the 3rd one is a 66 and not a 156. Right after I posted my initial question, I started reading Glenn's thread on cleaning the machines. Everything that he had on his table for cleaning and de-rusting, we have here at the house.

Now I'm itching to go get this one too. I think she could be cleaned up nicely and hopefully used. I also need to take a closer look to see what may be missing. Did I mention that she is only $20.

Leon, thank you so much for the information. And the encouragement? lol I'll see if I can get pictures and then try and post them.