Thread: "Winthrop" VSM
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 07:12 PM
Bags

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
PatriceJ has posted a pdf on how to post pictures. She has posted several places, the last one is in the first post of https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-hel...a-t309086.html Make sure you "Upload" which the button is way over on the far upper right of the page. I have to use Ctrl plus + to enlarge the font to be able to read the page, so I have to scroll quite a ways.

Actually, the pictures can be larger now (5MB), but I still use 640x480 (under 200kb) as I have that option in my picture editor. It is just that they show up as thumbnails. I usually right click on images to open in a new tab, so that I don't have to use the back arrow to go back to the thread, just click on the tab.

I personally think that $150 is very high for a 15 clone. Just because one cannot find the "badge" name in a google search, does not make it rare. They are basically the same machine just with different names.

Yes, Leon has a great sense of humor.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
I just saw the post from PatriceJ about posting pictures. I saved that and will try tomorrow with your tips and suggestions.

My DH just made a point, just like the Singers, the older guitar amplifiers that he uses were also made by one or two companies, but Badged with other names.

I thought the price for the (maybe) 15 clone was too high as well. If they would come down on the price, I would definitely think about it. I like to have things around me that make me smile and giggle and/or that I use, not because they may be rare or worth something some day. That's just me.

Thank you again,
Carol