Thread: Recliner?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 07:27 PM
Irishrose2

Default Recliner?

Most of us don't spend all out time in our sewing chairs. My sofa is no longer comfortable for my lower back - SI joint in particular. As I rarely have company interesting in television watching, I an considering removing the sofa from my family room - I have already given away the love seat to make room for more sewing machines - and replace it with a recliner. Years ago, a chiropractor told me to not sit in my husband's recliner - it wouldn't be good for me, but things have changer. Another option would be to move the TV to the living room with the newish sectional with chaise, but that's not going to happen. I dislike TVs in the living room.
Any thoughts on a reasonably priced recliner for someone 5'5" and 135 pounds? Any experiences? I like the looks of the ones with a separate footstool, but they don't seem to recline as far. I've been reading Amazon reviews, but will go out locally and try out some. That's not easy as I've been in a wheelchair since an accident in late November, so I'd like some idea of what to look for first. Thank you.