View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 11:27 AM
Iceblossom

We're big on "live" foods, which include fermenting but so far we haven't done much ourselves. Decades ago I did make my own yogurt and kefir but haven't done it lately. I mean, I can get it in the stores now!

Saurkraut, pickles, and olives are all on our ready to eat list -- so far neither of our doctors is restricting our salt intake. I tell hubby that kimchee is just saurkraut with chili flakes in it, but so far he hasn't done much more than a test taste or two. Since he's gone keto though, his consumption and ability to withstand pepper heat has gone up tremendously, I think he should give it another try.

There are all sorts of Tofu, most people are surprised. It comes in styles, firmness, aged/cured/treated, all sorts of ways and then area specialties. Depending on what you are doing and what results you want, draining/pressing the tofu is almost always called for.

Yesterday I was planning on meeting up with my son this weekend to ask him about the tempeh thing he made and to give him the Vegan Tamales I started making yesterday. Did half the masa, yesterday was with a spicy mushroom mixture, and today I'm stirring in a can of niblets corn into the rest of the masa and making it more like a corn bread wrapped in corn husk.

But since then, the people who have a pair of dogs I am interested in called an the hubby called, good news is no work Saturday but he made a hair appointment, and then bowling date Sunday morning. Anyway, I haven't forgotten. I'll also ask my son if he knows the book, if not sounds like something he'd like.