View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 09:18 AM
Iceblossom

Well today here it is wet gloomy Seattle January. In one of my projects I have kitted out but not yet started is a sampler of 9 large Lone Star blocks, where I'm using blue/white snowflake patterns and instead of radiating stars I will have snowflakes (yes, I know snowflakes and lone stars have different numbers of points). Because January in Seattle is rarely bright white snow, about half the blocks will have a silver shade, or around here known as gloomy grey. It would indeed be a good day to stay inside and sew. BTW, snow is forecast in the next couple of days.

But we have a busy day ahead of us, non-quilting wise. Hubby is getting is hair cut today. Back in August he got his ponytail cut off, so this will be the first cut since then. He has lovely curly hair, he thinks he has "Dr McDreamy" hair (you can do a google on that term!), I think he looks like if Sheldon and Leonard from Big Bang melded their genes into a love child.

We are hoping to hear from people who have a bonded set of mixed terriers, they belonged to her father who recently died. Well hubby is thinking it is one dog too many, I tell him they are small dogs (knee high) and he is lucky I don't love great danes (because there is a great one of those available too!). My one dog is half a bonded pair, his other half died late last year. No matter where he is in the pack order, he will be better off as part of a pack. Poor little thing was depressed and now is just terribly needy. And I get depressed and distressed as I look at my two remaining warm blooded animals (hubby has reptiles), one aging dog and one aging cat... Think I have up to two years left with both of the current pets, maybe more, maybe less... you just don't know.

I'm caught up and done with the Bonnie Hunter Frolic mystery for this week. I'd like to (gasp) actually clean up a bit today. Our water heater went out and got replaced right at Thanksgiving, we have about another 60 days to have the city inspector come out and ok it (which costs us), or the warranty is void. Fabric has landed on top of the boxes we had to move out of the way for the workers -- it is amazing how things here become covered with fabric if not carefully watched. It's like moss growing in the forest sometimes, slow but deepening over time. And sometimes a fabric blizzard comes out and dumps feet of cloth at my feet!