View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 12:17 PM
AprilM

Like FWLover i am in Iowa and the icing started here around 2pm Friday. I was at work, but encouraged by my very nice and wonderful bosses to head home early - which i did! The roads just started to ice up as i turned onto mine so very thankful that i left early!

We are fortunate as we have had no power outage (so far). Last night i went into my Happy Place and sewed a couple string blocks to keep my mind busy. Our 13 going on 14 year old Boston Terrier (Gracie) is experiencing a myriad of health issues and we had scheduled an appointment for today (Saturday) with the vet to evaluate her condition. We were afraid the roads would prevent us from keeping the appointment but we got there ok.

Unfortunately, the news about Gracie is not good and it looks like we will be scheduling a surgery for her next week. She has suddenly developed a huge growth on her side and the vet fears an especially aggressive tumor. At her age that isnt all thats wrong... deaf, doesnt see well, and has developed a weakness in her hind legs. This is hitting us pretty hard. She still acts like she wants to be here so we will do whatever we can to keep her comfortable.

Gracie likes to be in the sewing room with me so maybe we will both retreat there in a while to try to do something positive. I lost a dear friend in October (94 years old and like a Mom to me) - her sons brought me a huge bag of her fabric scraps knowing she would want me to have them. I know that her hopes were to have those scraps turned into quilts for the needy so i plan to honor her memory by doing that.

Im sorry, didnt mean for this post to take a downward slide. Going to my Happy Place shortly to try to make something positive of the things beyond my control. I think we have some snow and wind on the way, so its a good weekend to enjoy the comforts and blessing of a warm home and some time to quilt. 😊

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-11-2020 at 03:12 PM. Reason: PM