Thread: Picture test
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 03:00 PM
QuiltnNan
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
It's not really my discovery. It's a method used by a couple of the members that I previously PM'd you about.
It only works from a third program. I used my FB and had to go to my photos and click on the one I wanted. Right click, Copy, and paste here.

I then went to my FB post and deleted it to see if this pic disappears. I also went to my computer picture files where this was stored and moved it to a different location. Then I completely deleted it from my computer. It seems that the picture stays. this might be a good way to add pics in between verbiage, such as in creating a tutorial. I'm still open to seeing if this method causes any problems to the new format.
ETA: This pic is 1/2 MB
Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
you aren't doing anything wrong by testing methods other than the steps in the guide i posted. as long as it doesn't involve URLs, go for it. but don't drive yourselves crazy over it.

there are bigger problems for the techs to solve than the inconvenience of the paperclip.

i have attached the guide elsewhere, but here it is ... yet again,

there does seem to be a problem for anybody trying to upload an image file that takes up more than 2MB, which means the size chart in the upload dialog box is wrong. reason yet unknown. after everything important is fixed i will ask about that. in the meantime, compress your files before upload or set your camera to a lower resolution. google "compressing image files" for a variety of recommendations. (i have updated the image upload guide accordingly. now to hunt all the other copies and replace them.)

i just used the [appears to be free] service here: https://compressjpeg.com/
fast and easy. faster than the method i usually use.
just remember where you downloaded the compressed copy so you can upload it here.
(i only say that because i have - many times - downloaded something and then can't find it. lol)
Thanks PatriceJ. And Thanks too, to Kassaundra and Quossum for their help in explaining this method to me.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-11-2020 at 03:40 PM. Reason: typo