Thread: Cams!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 09:16 PM
Rocketeer

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
A recent thread got me thinking about this, I love cams! I have a couple machines that take them and I have some odd spares that I picked up somewhere and have no idea what they go to.

I would love to see a thread where we all post photos of cams and talk about what machines they go to so when cams without machines or vice-versa show up we can have some idea how it all works together.

I tried to flip one in each set to show the back whether it has a hole or a slot.

-The blue ones I don't have a machine for but have seen them listed on eBay for an Edemco. I'm not sure really.
-The red ones fit the White 6477 I sold but she had no need of the cams so they are homeless. I wonder if they fit other machines?
-The 6 black ones are Elna cams and there are plenty more--I love these! They fit my Supermatic as well as my SU
-The last black cams fit my White 651 which is the same look and user manual as a Pfaff 239. They are double sided cams.
I too love cams... it's unfortunate they're all so unique and numbered and cataloged, because that makes my collecting bug start to act up. I discovered that the Singer "top hat" cams came in individual boxes, and once I saw that, it no longer became enough to have each cam, I needed the boxes too. Thankfully I already have a machine they run on : )
The first photo is my current collection, and the second is my duplicates, an accident of trying to buy individuals that come in lots! If anyone has a similar collection growing or has need of any of my duplicates, please let me know.
Finally, there's just an awesome resource for Singer cams on the following page -- I especially love that it tells you which cams came standard with which machines: https://www.singersewinginfo.co.uk/pattern_cam_list/

Attached Thumbnails img_9120.jpg   img_9121.jpg