View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 04:04 AM
illinois

Originally Posted by illinois View Post
It sounds like this storm is hitting a wide swath through the country. Isn't it great to have such a good excuse to be forced inside? Not when the power goes out though! We had rain for about 24 hrs and then waited for the snow. There's a respectable amount out there this morning but it's the ice underneath that is a threat to being out. I spent yesterday using up flannel from a project for my son's birthday. The rest went into a smaller version for his 5 year old. Came out with enough of all yardage to just squeak by--maybe 1 inch?! Literally, cutting it close. They are rag quilts so not a lot of accuracy needed as the fluff disguises a lot of error! I think they will enjoy matching quilts--and especially cuddly during the rest of the winter months. Today I have a queen to get sandwiched. Not looking forward to that as this is part of the process I don't enjoy and then the size of this! But that's part of the process to get to the hand quilting which I will enjoy! Stay safe, everyone!
I intended to add a tip for when the power is out. Buy a few of those $1 solar landscape lights to keep on hand. When you pull the strip the light will come on and they give out a considerable amount of light. No threat, such as with candles and more light from them besides. I don't know how long one will stay lit but for several hours, I'm sure and you would even feel safe leaving it while you sleep, unlike a candle or flame of any kind.