View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 09:36 AM
AnngelAnne

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Welcome aboard to all our new riders. It takes a bit to get over the bumps in the path sometimes. After my initial little bump, I am staying the course. I went into the fabric store the other day to buy a gift "of fabric" for a friend. I did a lot of looking and touching. It helped that nothing was on sale. There was nothing that said I must but it. I just kept thinking of all the pretty stash I have on hand right now. So, I left the store, went home and picked out some of that lovely fabric and gifted it to the friend. And, the more I handled and pet my stash, the more I realized, I don't need any fabric right. I have 2 dressers with enough fabric to make at least 10 quilts, enough scraps in the bins to make at least 8 or more quilts. And, several quilt kits to make at least 6 more. And at least 5 bolts of WOW to keep for a good while. I find the more I handle my fabric, the less I think about buying more. I know many of you have way more fabric then I do and some have way less, I think it's about handling the amount of fabric that is comfortable for you. (I still feel like I have way too much.)

Todays job is to cut up the scraps that are taking up to much space in piles. I want to hopefully finish today. Although, realistically, it may be tomorrow. And, then work on the pixelated quilt I have in progress.

And, I have to go to the post office and send off a box of fabrics that I am donating and drop off a pile of things to the thrift store. I wanted to go through my books before I did that. But, today is just not the day to take time to do that. I can think of one that can be added right now. So, I will do that one for now. I don't keep too many books or magazines. About 30 at the moment. I am just dropping off. I will not go in and look!!!!!

Stay the course ladies. I will be waiting to give you a hand back up on the wagon. I know we can do this!
Ah, Judith you have some great goals there and accomplishments. Keep up the good work.