View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 07:37 AM
Notwendy

My sewing area is a part of the kitchen though I seem to have a manifest destiny issue - I tend to spread out and take over the kitchen. Good thing neither of us cooks. : ) For the first 5 of the 7 years we've lived in our current place, we had a bookcase where a stove was supposed to go. Much more useful.

The massive kitchen island is referred to as The Thing (very original, I know). I moved all the fabric off of it and either put it away (gasp!) or separated them by stage of completion (so far I have 5 that need sandwiching & binding, 5 that have all the blocks pieced but need putting together, 3 that need a few more blocks, 4 that are at the fabric pull/pattern stage).

Granted, all of these projects are back on The Thing, but at least they are no longer in one giant pile o'fabric. I feel accomplished about organizing the stuff cluttering The Thing, until I think about all the other projects I have in some stage of production that I've shoved in drawers during quick clean ups when the kitchen actually sees some use.

Ha! It is probably good that I don't have an actual room or closet to use - lord knows what I'd squirrel away with more space.

But, all said, it is a start on getting things more organized so I can work on a project without having to relocate a dozen more.