Old 01-13-2020, 10:45 AM
lsimp123

Default Your sewing table you bought.

Originally Posted by ArtisticDesign View Post
Hi people,
I just found an old drop in sewing table at a thrift store for 35$..An old singer is in it now...I so want this table...I just got a new Viking Emerald 118 for christmas.. I looked at the apparatus that's attching it to the table ( to allow it to drop down)..It looks almost like L brackets...
My question is... Anyone have any experience taking an old machine out and attaching their new machine to one of these?
I looked at the back base of my new machine and I see no Scew holes to attach it to the table...I could use some kind of tool to customize it ( drill or something) but, am afraid of cracking the plastic base of my machine...Is there anything I can attach to the base without drilling holes etc?
I did swing by the viking dealer shop to measure deminions on my new machine and was talking to the dealer... He told me that they no longer make machines that drop down due to finding out it was hard on the machine,,However, I know several ladies that have had drop in machines for yrs with no problems....
Any advice would be much appreciate..
Can you take a picture of it so we can see it.. Then we can figure out what to do with it.