View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 01:03 PM
juliasb

Originally Posted by Railroadersbrat View Post
Saturday was not kind to me. I originally planned on quilting the day away but severe storms blew through Friday night and a lightning strike popped all of my breakers and the main switch outside and I was without power until Sunday afternoon. Happy to report the power is back on, but my nerves are still a little on edge, it sounded like the house was going to explode when it hit.
We were all set for the heavy storms here and we didn't get it. We had lots of rain and some icing but not what was predicted for our area. Others around us were not as lucky. We didn't even lose power which is unusual when we have ice storms and heavy rains. I can relate to how scary it must have been when the breakers all blew! It would shake up the best of us.
One of the things that always amazed my husband was my ability to read or to sew even without power. My treadle is kept in fine working order and there are always oil lamp. Though admittedly I do not sew when it gets dark as I don't want an oil lamp that close to my sewing. But reading is always an option with an oil lamp. .