Thread: Chili
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 11:12 AM
quiltingcandy

Chili always tastes better the next day - I think all the spices and foods just need to meld. Kind of like spaghetti sauce needs to cook all day to get the full flavor.

It sounds good. Your comment that it's like potato salad "everyone makes it different". When I was first married my DH would not eat chili, said he didn't like it. But since I did, I thought maybe he would like mine. And he did - a lot, kept saying it was so much better than this mom's, even told her he like my chili. A few years later his sister had a family gathering with a group of cousins in the LA area. When we took our first bite we were all surprised because it tasted like spaghetti with beans instead of noodle. Another cousin said she thought she got her spices mixed but my SIL kept saying how much she loved her own chili. So we asked for the recipe - turns out there wasn't any chili in it - just Italian spices. When my DH and I got in the car to go home he said, "You aren't going to make that are you? I grew up with it and that's why I said I didn't like chili and yours is so much better."