View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 06:25 PM
Claire123

Here are my organizing goals for 2020.
1. Clean out large bins. I have gone through 3 so far and found items to either toss or donate. I took a large pile of items over to the guild earlier this week to sell at the bazaar this summer. I will continue looking for other items that I will never miss and am ready to let go of. Most of them are things someone else could really put to good use.
2. Clean up piles. I just am getting too many piles everywhere, on chairs, tables. my ironing board, a step ladder, you name it. Organize them so they look better, are with like items and I am more likely to use them.
3. Clean off the table. The table has become a real sight! Continue to go through and either organize, toss or find items to donate.
4. Peg board basket. I have a wire basket that attaches to my peg board with a real mishmash of items in it - bits of lace, small packages of binding, piping, I am not really sure what's even in there. It's the black hole of my sewing room.
5. My "organizer" really needs the same. This is a carry all basket with necessary items like quilting gloves, rotary cutter, starch alternative, an extension cord. Sounds simple. All kinds of things have been tossed in over time - loose change, bobbins, and it's so stuffed I really don't know what's in there.
6. Clean out all totes & make some new ones. A friend of mine has the cutest organizers that she made and they are very tidy. I know it can be done.
7. In general I'd like to make my sewing room "visitor" friendly. This will include cleaning off chairs, making/hanging cute items on the walls and finishing some larger projects.