View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 09:40 AM
SewingSenior

Default My Little Brown Bird Project

I received the pattern book for the Little Brown Bird quilt yesterday and couldn't wait to get started. I will have to buy new fabric for the background and backing because I don't 8 yards of anything in my stash, but most of the other fabrics will come out of my cabinets. I had to google a couple of the techniques that are mentioned in the book so I will have to do a few practice squares before starting on the blocks with things like Broderie Perse (sounds like a French wine to me) or Scherenschnitte (which sounds like it would be good cooked in an oven). The two together would make a pretty good meal, lol. Anyway, I hope to finish at least one block a week so this quilt is going to take a while. I hope to post progress pictures on this thread for anyone that wants to follow along on this journey. Here I'll post Margaret Docherty's vision of each block, then my fabric choices and finally my finished blocks as they are completed. Please feel free to offer advice on color selections or any other area that you feel might help to bring this project to completion. Heaven knows I need all the advice I can get.
Attached Thumbnails lbb-block-1.jpg   lbb-block-1-fabric.jpg