Old 01-26-2020, 07:28 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

My main machine is a Husqvarna Viking Designer One that is 16 years old now. The dealer is 84 miles away. I have had it in a couple times in that 16 years for work. Well worth it to me. I have put a lot of miles on that machine and definitely do not consider it ( disposable) I also have a 1956 Singer 99K which sews the most beautiful, precise straight stitch. I love that little machine and use when I truely want as close to perfection as a human can achieve. And I have a Bernina that my uncle purchased for my aunt in 1994. I inherited it when she passed away. It is my backup machine and the one I get out when someone comes in wanting some sewing/ quilting classes.
my granddaughters have Brother machines that were bought at Walmart over 16 years ago. Those 2 machines may be plastic, big box purchases but they are good machines, have made lots of clothes, toys, purses, gifts and even a couple quilts. They have been repaired a couple times at the local sewing center. I don’t consider any of them -throw away machines-