Old 01-27-2020, 03:21 PM
FWLover

I have very expensive Bernina 880 upgraded to a plus with the embroidery module. My dealer is 1 hour away but their service department is fantastic! They have a program where they go through it thoroughly once a year then you get class tickets that equal the cost of it. They are pricey machines and many models are computerized but as far as I can tell are not “all plastic” on the inside. My 880 will last me for the rest of my life. I’ve already had it 5 years. We sell and service featherweights so they are also a favorite. I use them in the camper, at retreats and a monthly quilt group. I would never buy a machine without checking with others about the quality, responsiveness and attitude of their repair department. After using Vikings from a store for most of my sewing career, I switched to Bernina because the last Viking I bought wouldn’t wind a decent bobbin. It spent weeks in shop and then getting it back without solving the problem several times. The thing was a lemon and the store refused to stand behind it after all my years of patronage.