View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 06:30 AM
PrettyKitty

Hi All! I work for a homeless support charity, and we get a lot of donations of bedding, houswares, food etc, and it is all stored in the basement of the building where I work. Imagine my delight when I found a beautiful patchwork quilt in amongst the donations of bedding.
I have no idea of who donated it or where it came from, but I have rescued it, to see if i can find out about its provenance, or if it is worth anything so I could maybe sell it and put the money towards our charity.
Anyway, here are the pics. the patches are machine sewn but it is lightly hand quilted in a zig zag pattern. It has a very thin batting and a plain back.
The edges are interesting - not binded in the usual way, but as you can see from the pic it is different to anything I have seen (in my meagre experience!)

Would be interested to see what you think about the fabrics, the pattern etc. I am going to send the pics to some British quilting magazines and see if they will publish them to get some info. It would be great to find out who made it!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-23631.jpe   attachment-23638.jpe   attachment-23639.jpe