View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 07:29 AM
Iceblossom

I've been caught up in the Bonnie Hunter Frolic madness and have made about zero impact on my stash so far this year. In the good news side of things, I have almost finished treating that huge bag of hand dyed fabrics I bought last year. Have one small batch of the lightest fabrics left, last couple of days I've been working with some of the really dark stuff. The problem is that it is now usable fabric so it is stash addition at this point. The Frolic project used the brightest of the fabrics and I still see the original project I saw in the bag, an brownish-orange/green large scale masculine sort of camo log cabin. There is at least one more project worth of fabric but so far it is remaining silent.

One of the ladies in my Tuesday group did take some green fabrics from me, not enough to notice. In return/addition I gave her the one small handful of 30s fabric I had in my stash, it went to join her larger collection. I have some options for her today for a border, but again, a yard or two doesn't even get noticed around here.

I've been good/unlucky about my thrift store purchases, nothing to report since the last one. This past weekend I was faced with severe temptation, a whole bunch of really nice fabric had been donated but I spoke sternly to myself -- I don't collect Christmas fabric any more, even if it is metallic embellished Laurel Burch. Regret it a bit... It won't be on mark-down for another two weeks and it won't last that long.