View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 12:11 PM
jaba

I have let Barbara and Janice both know that I won’t be doing the b-day candy swap this year. I haven’t been on the thread much so I think I owe all of you a little explanation. Seems when people have disappeared we all wonder and I don’t want anyone to do that.
As some of you know I was diagnosed with cancer almost 2 years ago. Radical chemo and radiation took care of the cancer but the side effects that it left for me have been horrendous. The doctors tell me that it seems I have gotten them all, needless to say it’s been a very long recovery and I’m not done yet. My biggest hurdle right now is my intestines. December and January I have been in the hospital twice for a blockage. The Lakeland-FL regional hospital and Mayo Clinic have not found a remedy as yet. I was burned so badly from the radiation that it literally shrunk my small intestine and expanded the large one. I go back in the hospital next week for another colonoscopy and an EGD scope, I’m hoping that something will show up and they can fix it.
Needless to say it has made everyday life quite an adventure to live with.
With me not knowing what this year will bring, I don’t want to sign up for things that I’m not sure if I can fulfill. I certainly would not want to leave you all hanging in the middle.
If any of you have a little more room on those prayer lists or “good vibes” list, I’d appreciate being added to it.
I will check in from time to time and see what you are up to.....always need new ideas for these candies. Hope to get back to sewing again soon. Thank you so much for letting me participate the last few years, I’ll miss it