Old 01-28-2020, 03:14 PM
Iceblossom

Yikes, you are sure the designer meant for there to be points on the outsides? I mean it only makes sense because of the inside is pointed.

So, I have no good happy easy suggestions, other than accept it as less than perfect (in our group here, one of the participants of the Bonnie Hunter Frolic mystery has renamed hers as "Pointless" because of the goose units).

The easiest thing if you have the extra fabric is to remake and replace the geese units. I didn't download the pattern so I don't know if I'd trust it there, but if you can give me the dimensions it is supposed to be (finished) I can give you the raw dimensions. You can just take a piece of graph paper and fold it until you get the answers, but not everyone has pads of that scattered about the house.

You can if you have a lot of extra background and are super precise, carefully piece in some super long and narrow triangles that meet just at the triangle, ideally you'd un-stitch a couple of stitches at the point. Remember though -- you will have to put another seam around it to join the blocks/border/binding and you really don't want just a thin hard bumpy seam right next to another one. (I'm facing this in the Frolic quilt, I'm going to slice some already completed blocks to make them into setting triangles and am going to have a diagonal seam going across my new stitching line).

My other "easy" fix if you have fabric is you can go ahead and border it and then applique triangles over it. Since I avoid handwork, I would apply the borders first, press the sides of triangle, and then sew it along the long seam, trim/tuck the seams inside, flip the triangle up into place and hand stitch down. That's a lot of work but sometimes it helps us sleep better.

I'd just name it Stumpy.