Old 01-28-2020, 03:29 PM
Iceblossom

Came back a little too late to edit, didn't realize that wasn't a picture of your actual block. Would it be possible to post that? Sometimes the geese units look weird until they are sewn, or are still usable the way they are.

If your finished units came out like that, with the point to the far end of the line, that's what I was basing my fixes on. Sometimes that happens if your base triangle/rectangle is a little too large and the side triangles are a little too small. If that happens and your block is too large, you can sew a seam down the middle to tighten it up easily if it hasn't been fully assembled into the block yet, or even make a tiny tuck if necessary without unstitching, just 3-4 stitches at the top of the point can help in that case.

I mentioned the Frolic project, trust me, there are a lot of people having a lot of people there and with Geese blocks in general. My preferred way to deal with things is to cut large and trim down, which isn't as easy with geese maybe as other things. So I like the one rectangle with two squares method when I can, there is little waste with small units, and I use the cut offs from larger ones to make bonus HST.

Other people use rulers, techniques where you make more than one at a time, and many different solutions, up to and including never making Geese units and making them as 2 HST instead.