Thread: Lone Star Quilt
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 07:18 PM
Motley

Exclamation 5-point Lone Star

Originally Posted by NIICHMOM View Post
My mother & I were talking and Looking at patterns and she asked about the Lone Star Pattern. So we went there...only to find all 8 pointed Lone Stars, But she said the the original Lone Star is only a 5 Pointed Star. I have been looking the internet for a quilt pattern for this star and haven't found any. So I'm asking if any of you have seen this pattern or have done a 5 pointed Lone Star Quilt? I have been reading this QB for about a yr. now, and we have alot of QuiltSmart People here. Seems if there is a question asked, someone knows the answer or where to get it. Thanks in advance..
This quilt was on the Mountain Mist batting paper that came within the plastic bag. It came out in the late '50's early '60's. I am also looking for this pattern. !! If you have this pattern post it. Momma made this quilt top for my Great-grandpa but it was never quilted as he passed. The top was burned. I want to replace the pattern and remake the quilt. This was to be my quilt and I really would love to have the pattern once again. Momma has also now passed so I cannot even get it from her. Thanks for all your help.
There were also 7-point and 9-point stars. Would also love to have these patterns. However the 5-point is the original Lone Star Quilt.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-31-2020 at 04:25 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps