View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 10:56 AM
Iceblossom

So... this year so far I'm holding to my fabric buying just fine but I think I'm going to change some emphasis. I still intend to work with my Civil War and Metallic stash collections, but I'm really becoming inspired by my bag of hand dyes I bought (and admitted to) last year now that the work of fixing the dyes has been done and I still have all this fabric left after the Frolic Mystery project.

I'm picky about my workmanship and I didn't make my super fancy-dancy Mariner's Compass or Pickle Dish or New York Beauty or whatever master quilt before my eyesight became more challenging, but I think I can make something pretty spectacular with my remaining fabrics and the cover quilt of this book for inspiration:
https://jankrentz.com/store-details.php?ID=2
If that link doesn't go through, it's Jan Krentz, Lone Star Quilts & Beyond.

One of the ladies in my Tuesday group brought the book to pass on to the others and I took it awhile ago but you know how it goes... it got covered by fabric but I found it again the other day. Actually the hand dye stack was on top of it. As designed it's a more of a medallion setting for me, 46" square made with 2.25" strips, going to play with it some at 3" cut and some border options. This is doable for me, basically careful fabric selection and just a lone star with some PP blocks, I can do this level of PP and maybe it would make me feel better about working on the blocks for that Darn Barn quilt (that's the current name "darn barn").

Also in my planned and kitted out sets of fabric is a Lone Star Sampler, made from I think 2" strips and 3 stars across for 9 total. That one will be using blue and white snowflake fabrics.