View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 07:54 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
Thank you Oksewglad - most of the piecing has been hand work. I used the machine on the paper pieced blocks and attaching the border strips. I'm trying to stretch my abilities and learn new stuff.
You are welcome, if we don't challenge ourselves we stand still.

I'm trying to challenge myself with color. Yesterday at work a customer came in with an off the wall quilt that I loved. I am a traditional color palette gal...like the earth tones of KT, Kim Diehl, Jo Morton etc. This piece was Hour Glass blocks alternated with a framed 9P on pointed. The colors were so far from my safe zone and the patterns geometric mixed with florals. But I loved what she was doing. The piece that she had finished was going to be the center medallion (on point) and she was looking for a background to set in the corners. It was quite a search to find not only the right color, but the right compatible fabric design. Okay long story, but I have a piece of wild fabric about 12 x 42 that is my design inspiration for a quilt following her lead. I've been going through odds and ends of fabric to see what I come up with. Just not sure what's going to come of it, but I'm ready to give it a try! Just hope it doesn't become a UFO, but may be a long term WIP!