Thread: Stash Question
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 02:05 AM
Murphy224

I attended a "Gathering of Quilters" event in my area on Saturday and the speaker brought up an interesting idea that had not occured to me. Have not calculated it myself but do regret my stash. I don't have a huge one and have not calculated the total yardage (not sure I want to LOL).
But her talk was on our Stash. She had a friend (who was skilled in this kind of thing) calculate how much her stash (broken down into yards) was worth today versus when she bought it. Taking into account the major price increases over the past years. And if she had invested the money instead of spending it on fabric, how much would she have in the bank?
But it is an intriguing thought when you think of the hundreds or thousands of dollars we have "invested" in not only fabric but all the accompanying "tools and notions" as well.
I had never thought of it that way, I have been blessed and spend without worrying what I could have done with that money instead. I had a good time with every quilting adventure or shopping trip and while I am now trying to use it up before I pass on, all money spent on my "hobby" was mine to spend, and I had enough to save for my future as well.
Murphy