View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 06:52 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by Hisownself View Post
...All photos are of the winder pushed down (engaged) and should be ready to wind onto a bobbin (not present) and still there is a gap of 0.2 inches from the hand wheel to the roller (right photo)! ...
You are welcome for info. When I took the pictures to post in this thread. I tried to adjust the screw, as I circled in my photo, to a position shown in your photo. I adjusted it without it engaged and tried to engage it -- it did not engage. Are you engaging it to wind bobbin position before attaching it to the belt guard? My suggestion would be to un-engage the winder, then unscrew the circled screw and push the mechanism to a different position. Tighten the screw and try to engage again.

ETA: I looked closer at your new photo and mine. It looks like on yours the black painted comes straight down from the metal piece that needs to be adjusted, whereas, mine is at a slight angle. The adjusting screw is below the circled screw. If you need more info, let me know and will try to explain better or illustrate better.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 02-03-2020 at 07:01 AM.