Thread: Stash Question
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 06:17 PM
Reader1

So many interesting comments continue about stash. Making quilts is not a cheap hobby and there is always money involved. I am fortunate that I can afford this new hobby at this time. As I thought of the money end of quilting I thought about why I am starting this new hobby. I retired from being an elementary principal a few years ago, and spent the first 6 months sad and not myself. My family was wonderful, but I felt like I had no identity because my career and love of working with children was so important to me. I volunteer at a Children's Hospital now and that has brought great joy as well as leaving retirement and working again in an elementary school. I am about to retire again and knew I needed something I just enjoy doing and quilting has become such a joy to me. I think what I am trying say is that quilting adds joy, relaxation, brain activity, new friends, and so much more, including frustration, and that Yikes, how did I screw this up thoughts. The money spent is really not as important as what hobbies such as quilting bring to us and our physical and mental health.